Posted: July 10, 2018
Categorised in: Direct Mail
When it comes to managing your campaign and getting it in front of the right people, you need to consider the importance of an account manager. These guardians of your campaign play a vital role in direct mail management. Generally, an account manager for a mailing house is assigned to a particular account, responsible for maintaining the relationship with the client on a day to day basis. Essentially, they are the primary port-of-call for clients utilising the services of direct mail companies, and are the go-to person.
Account managers at a mailing company, for instance, typically have multiple accounts to work on, although may solely work with a high-value business should the client require their services. Hand in hand with direct mail management, however, comes expertise and the guarantee that you are doing all you can to get your brand in front of the right people.
What does an account manager do?
We’re glad you asked. Basically, the account manager for those looking for direct mailing services is similar to an extension of your company. They can:
- Manage customer orders
- Deal with any issues, complaints and or problems
- Recommend direct mailing services best practices to the client
- Report on previous year’s activity and recommend the correct course of action for the next (essentially, what is going to drive revenue)
- Keep up to date with any industry developments, advancements and competitor activity
- Report back to the client regularly
- Generate more business for the client by following up leads and converting prospects into consumers
Why do I need an account manager?
As mentioned above, marketing campaign management is essential for gaining the expertise in the industry, and ensuring everything runs smoothly. There are plenty of benefits to opting for direct mail management with a mailing house, and we’re going to share them all…
Ultimately, direct mailing campaigns run smoothly and more efficiently with the knowledge and expertise of a dedicated manager. For those interested in the direct mailing services, you can read more on our campaign management here.