Posted: July 7, 2017
Categorised in: News
At Washington Direct Mail we understand that University expenses can be significant and know how hard it can be for some students and their families to make ends meet.
Between tuition fees, IT equipment, books, transport and clothing, not to mention utilities and day-to-day housing and food bills, the cost of attending university can easily run into tens of thousands of pounds.
To help students – in our own small way – Washington Direct Mail is pleased to offer £1300 in annual Scholarship Awards to three individuals who are currently attending or planning to attend a United Kingdom University shortly.
To apply, applicants must submit a 750+ word essay by 5 pm on September 30th 2017, on the following topic:
“The Opportunities and Benefits of Integrating Personalised Digital Printing and Direct Mail into a modern Business’ Marketing Strategy.”
Applications that incorporate examples of companies utilising and integrating direct mail into successful marketing campaigns and those that provide statistical evidence and provenance will be looked on favourably.
From the applicants, the Washington Direct Mail Scholarship Judging Team will choose six finalists, and the finalist’s essays will be credited and posted to the Washington Direct Mail blog and social media pages. Washington Direct Mail will promote them, and UK Businesses will vote on/like them.
The winning Washington Direct Mail Scholarship entries will be the essays that attract the most votes/likes by 31st October 2017.
- The 1st prize will be awarded a £1000 scholarship award.
- The 2nd prize will be awarded a £200 scholarship award.
- The 3rd prize will be awarded a £100 scholarship award.
Terms and conditions apply to these prizes. Please see these terms and conditions below.
Application Guidelines and How to Apply
The Washington Direct Mail Scholarship application guidelines are as follows:
- Applications must be received by September 30th, 2017, 5 pm.
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in Word format, with no link to Google Docs or PDFs.
- Applications should include their name, address and contact phone number and email address.
- Applications should state where the applicant is currently attending or planning to attend university in the body of their submission email.
- Applications should not include any additional information other than that requested above should be included.
Once the application deadline has passed, the essays will be reviewed and judged by the Washington Direct Mail Scholarship Judging Team based on the following criteria:
- Responsiveness to the question
- Grammar and style
- Thoughtfulness and originality
- The persuasiveness of the arguments presented
If you have any questions about the Washington Direct Scholarship Awards 2017 please complete the enquiry form to the right of this page.
We look forward to reading your submissions and helping the winners meet their educational costs. The winners of the 2017 Washington Direct Mail Scholarship Awards will be announced on October 6th, 2017.
Terms & Conditions
These standard terms and conditions are subject to any other terms and conditions provided to you or to which you are referred at the time of applying for the Washington Direct Mail Scholarship Award.
1. Scholarship Award details form part of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to residents of the UK except for employees (and their families) of Washington Direct Mail Limited (WDM), its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the Scholarship Award.
3. The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
4. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
5. Applications for the Washington Direct Mail Scholarship Award that are incomplete, illegible, or indecipherable will not be valid and deemed void.
6. Applications for the Washington Direct Mail Scholarship Award must be made directly by the person entering the Scholarship Award.
7. Applications for the Washington Direct Mail Scholarship Award made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for Applications for the Washington Direct Mail Scholarship Award lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit.
9. The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
10. The Washington Direct Mail Scholarship Award winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
11. Washington Direct Mail Scholarship Awards are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
12. The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject Applications for the Washington Direct Mail Scholarship Award from entrants not entering into the spirit of the Scholarship Award.
13. In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
14. The Washington Direct Mail Scholarship Award winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by WASHINGTON DIRECT MAIL LIMITED (WDM) relating to any post-winning publicity.
15. Unless stated otherwise all postal Applications for the Washington Direct Mail Scholarship Award must be made as described in the Guidelines for the application.
16. Unless stated otherwise the Washington Direct Mail Scholarship Award winner(s) will be agreed upon by the Washington Direct Mail scholarship judgement team from all correct Applications for the Washington Direct Mail Scholarship Award received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
17. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected by the same judges.
18. Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing to the winner(s).
19. Failure to respond and provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
20. Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion, and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
21. Scholarship Awards may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
22. The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
23. The Promoter is Washington Direct Mail Limited (WDM), Kingsway South, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0SH.
24. In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of application), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of application) shall prevail.
25. A list of Washington Direct Mail Scholarship Award winners will be available by writing into Washington Direct Mail Limited (WDM) or website at the Promoter’s address no earlier than six weeks, unless otherwise stated, after the close of the Washington Direct Mail Scholarship Award process. Only the surname and county of the winners will be disclosed.