CMO’s, Heads of Marketing, and Marketing Managers with their finger on the pulse are increasingly realising that Direct Mail Marketing needs to be brought back and integrated into their overall digital marketing strategy.
In essence, they’ve realised the increase in junk email and multiple channels-to-market have made reaching their audience much harder on a finite budget. Therefore, they’re using Direct Mail Marketing to help them achieve the ‘cut-through’ they need, to reach their highest priority and most profitable customers and prospects.
The really smart cookies are not just treating Direct Mail Marketing as another stand-alone channel… they’re fully integrating Direct Mail into their Digital Marketing customer journeys, and this has a whole bundle of both tangible and intangible benefits.
1) Integrating the message across all channels-to-market – direct mail, email, social media, digital advertising, etc. – and timing them to land at the same time increases the ‘Halo’ effect, where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. This means marketers gain more impact for ‘all’ their messaging.
2) The increased direct mail ‘cut-through’ helps promote awareness of the online organisation, boosting traffic to both social media and the website, which, in turn, will help boost the website’s SEO ratings. This means marketers are directly helping improve the visibility of their online assets.
3) It allows the marketer to quickly move their most valuable responders online and to tie them into engagement with the brand. This has a major benefit, as it reduces the future ‘cost to touch’ of campaigns. In effect, the direct mail is a gate-opener to allow further low-cost conversation and engagement.
4) Using segmented audience data allows the marketer to create Personalised Direct Mail messaging that directly aligns to the online experience. This means that the not only does the message have more impact offline, the same message continues online and, subsequently, reduces the possibility of buying drop-out.
5) Hyper-Personalised Direct Mail goes a step further, creating a one-to-one, consistent, highly personalised journey across both offline and online media. This can be tracked and attributed back to the direct mail marketing.
Direct Mail Marketing, and especially Personalised Direct Mail and Hyper-personalisation, is the smart way to add impact to your marketing strategy. It’s especially relevant if you have a clear view of who your audiences are, what their lifetime value is, and if you have extensive data appended to their records. This allows you to be highly targeted in who you contact, and how much you spend to gain a response.
Gone are the days of mass mailing. Today’s marketers are being extremely savvy. They’re using direct mail marketing to create that initial cut-through with their most valuable customers and prospects, and then quickly moving them online, where they can be tracked, engaged and re-engaged with tailored offers.
Want some more help with direct mail best practices?
We have direct mail / digital integration specialists and campaign managers at Washington Direct Mail, who can work with you to understand your project and advise you on the most appropriate options for the best results.
All you have to do is get in touch with us.
0191 487 5148
At WDM… We Do More to help you.
Delivering world class mail and print solutions since 1983, we know a thing or two about the industry. Read our latest news and insights to learn more about our experience and expertise.
Categories: MailNews & Insight
Categories: MailNews & InsightPrinting
Complete the form and one of our mail and print experts will be in touch with your quote.
Data Security & Business Continuity
Health & Safety
Certificate Number 10515